Ceramic material is used in wide range of applications in telecommunications industry. The main use of Zirconia is for ferrules and sleeves for connecting fiber optic cables
The excellence surface finishes and strengths which are attainable with ceramics have led to their use in optical fiber technologies where they are used as split coupling devices for optical fibers.
Micro-Ceramics offers improved manufacturing technology that allows tight and extreme tolerances of 1 μm of constant bases coupled with the following advantages:
- Chip and crack free components
- Small grain sizes achieve smooth finish
- Thermal Expansion coefficient closer to that of the fiber
- Higher modulus of elasticity
- Greater impact resistance